Oarsport Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.oarsport.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;
- “Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
- “personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
- “We” or “Us” or “Our” means Oarsport Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 08284662, whose registered address is Vermont House, Nottingham South & Wilford Ind Est, Ruddington Lane, Wilford, Nottingham, NG11 7HQ, UK.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- Our Site is owned and operated by Oarsport Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 08284662, whose registered address is Vermont House, Nottingham South & Wilford Ind Est, Ruddington Lane, Wilford, Nottingham, NG11 7HQ, UK.
- Our VAT number is GB568030640
WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT
- business/company name
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests;
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA
Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our products and services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time via the following methods)
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Third parties whose content appears on Our Site may use third party Cookies, as detailed below in section 13. Please refer to section 13 for more information on controlling Cookies. Please note that We do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
HOW AND WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- Ensuring that your connection to our website is secure; and
- Ensuring that internal access to all personal information we hold is secured by appropriate measures.
DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
- Subject to section 8.2, We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- We may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Where We transfer any personal data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
WHAT HAPPENS IF OUR BUSINESS CHANGES HANDS?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance or informed of the changes.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR DATA?
- When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details).
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
YOUR RIGHT TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION
- You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR DATA
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com, or using the contact details below in section 14.
Smart Buy Terms and Conditions:
To qualify towards the target spend levels, goods must be invoiced and supplied between 1st October 2018 and 30th September 2019 inclusive. (We recommend that in order for boat orders where boats are not stock items, to guarantee qualification for the current Smart Buy spending year, they should be confirmed orders by 31st May 2019).
Unless specified, or specially agreed, all purchases should be paid for at the time of ordering or within our usual 30 days terms where applicable. Where extended terms are required in the case of large boat purchases for instance, permission must be sought from Oarsport, otherwise we reserve the right to omit invoices not paid within our payment terms from the spend tally.
Where a club may have separate accounts e.g. “junior squad”, “masters squad”, “friends of” that account will be updated with the spend and CANNOT be attributed to the main club account so please bear this in mind when placing an order/making a purchase.
Private member purchases. The member concerned should, at the time of ordering, whether on-line, by phone, fax, e-mail or in person, declare which rowing club they would like the purchase attributing to. The invoice will be in the name and address of the club and their own name will also appear on the invoice for identification purposes. The member should keep this invoice safe for their own records for insurance/warranty/ownership, however, we will have computer records too.
Where the customer would like to upgrade their reward, you will be allowed to pay the difference, but the customer should be aware this could result in delayed delivery times of their reward (Mainly in the case of boats).
FREE COXBOX OFFER TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The promoter is: Oarsport Ltd (registered company number: 2535161) whose registered office is at Oarsport Ltd, Vermont House, Unit 5 Nottingham South & Wilford Ind. Est. Ruddington Lane, Wilford, Notts. NG11 7HQ.
- The offer is only open to UK residents purchasing a WinTech Racing Coxed Boat from Oarsport Ltd with delivery to a United Kingdom Address.
- The offer is only valid on orders where the 30% deposit has been paid between 1st April 2018 & 30th June 2018.
- The CoxBox offer is the CoxBox Basic Bundle which will be delivered only when the whole order is paid for in full.
PHOTO Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is: Oarsport Ltd (registered company number: 2535161) whose registered office is at Oarsport Ltd, Vermont House, Unit 5 Nottingham South & Wilford Ind. Est. Ruddington Lane, Wilford, Notts. NG11 7HQ.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland aged 13 years or over except employees of WinTech Racing and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via our Facebook and Instagram. The competition will be running on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
6. A winner will be chosen at random at the end of each calendar month.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Submit photos of your WinTech Racing boat and Oars by following us and tagging us on social media and using the hashtag #teamwintech, photo must be of a WinTech Racing Boat.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
WinTech Racing Goody Bag
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random at the end of each month by our marketing team.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.