This privacy statement describes how Oarsport collects and uses the personal information you provide on our website: www.oarsport.co.uk. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations).
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
• It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law such as to comply with a subpoena.
• When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
When you purchase from Oarsport we ask for information such as your name and email address. You can optionally enter a shipping and billing address to keep on file. Oarsport uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may update it by making the change on our member information page or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us by telephone at the contact information listed on our website.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive, particularly when this information is stored and used by a third party without them knowing. Although this is generally quite harmless you may not, for example, want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests. If you prefer, it is possible to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you will lose some functions of the website.
If you don’t want to receive cookies, you can modify your browser to refuse to accept them or only accept those you want it to, you can also delete cookies that have already been set. If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
To qualify towards the target spend levels, goods must be invoiced and supplied between 1st October 2017 and 21st September 2018 inclusive. (We recommend that in order for boat orders where boats are not stock items, to guarantee qualification for the current Smart Buy spending year, they should be confirmed orders by 31st May 2018).
Your discount reward can be used on boats of higher value than the specified target but discount amount will remain the same. The discount cannot be applied to any other products or boats of lower value.
If a reward is claimed before 21st September 2018, your spend tally will be reduced by the claim amount. Previous spending for the year will not be allowed to be used retrospectively.
Unless specified, or specially agreed, all purchases should be paid for at the time of ordering or within our usual 30 days terms where applicable. Where extended terms are required in the case of large boat purchases for instance, permission must be sought from Oarsport, otherwise we reserve the right to omit invoices not paid within our payment terms from the spend tally.
Deposits paid do not count towards the spend level. Only when the goods or services concerned are invoiced in full will they qualify.
Credit notes/goods returned for refund will reduce spend levels by the value.
Club purchases should be confirmed in writing by club purchase order or e-mail.
Where a club may have separate accounts e.g. “junior squad”, “masters squad”, “friends of” that account will be updated with the spend and CANNOT be attributed to the main club account so please bear this in mind when placing an order/making a purchase.
Private member purchases. The member concerned should, at the time of ordering, whether on-line, by phone, fax, e-mail or in person, declare which rowing club they would like the purchase attributing to. The invoice will be in the name and address of the club and their own name will also appear on the invoice for identification purposes. The member should keep this invoice safe for their own records for insurance/warranty/ownership, however, we will have computer records too.
Where the customer would like to upgrade their reward, you will be allowed to pay the difference, but the customer should be aware this could result in delayed delivery times of their reward (Mainly in the case of boats).
Some product exclusions may apply.
1. The promoter is: Oarsport Ltd (registered company number: 2535161) whose registered office is at Oarsport Ltd, Vermont House, Unit 5 Nottingham South & Wilford Ind. Est. Ruddington Lane, Wilford, Notts. NG11 7HQ.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland aged 13 years or over except employees of WinTech Racing and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via our Facebook and Instagram. The competition will be running on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
6. A winner will be chosen at random at the end of each calendar month.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Submit photos of your WinTech Racing boat and Oars by following us and tagging us on social media and using the hashtag #teamwintech, photo must be of a WinTech Racing Boat.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
WinTech Racing Goody Bag
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random at the end of each month by our marketing team.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
GET NOTIFICATIONS ABOUT OUR LATEST OFFERS, PRODUCTS,TIPS AND NEWS